Thursday, July 18, 2024
spot_imgspot_imgspot_img
HomeUNDP Boosts Youth Livelihood Centres With Equipment

UNDP Boosts Youth Livelihood Centres With Equipment

The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has supported the Ministry of Youth Affairs with equipment to boost youth livelihood centres.

This disclosure was made by the Youth Ministry in their release informing of the disbursement of the sum of Five Billion Eight Hundred and Eighty-Two Million Four Hundred and Seven Thousand Two Hundred and Thirty-Eight Leones (Le5,882,407,238) to be used as second tranche payment to construct carwash centres nationwide.

“With support from the UNDP, the Ministry has procured all equipment to be used in the various carwash centres,” the Ministry stated in their release.

According the Minister of Youth, Mohammed Orman Bangura the disbursed amount will cover another 40% of the program that is geared towards providing jobs for thousands of youths across the country.

He said this while launching the Social Good Summit at the usual Thursday Government press briefing at the Ministry of Information and Communication conference room at Youyi Building in Freetown.

Minister Orman Bangura said the disbursed amount shows that they have made 70% trench payment and remaining 30% that will be paid later.

That the skill livelihood program which is part of President Bio’s address in the state opening of parliament on 28th May last year, drive to benefit over 1,700 youths across the country is now expected to be 70% complete after an initial first trench of 30% payment.

He noted that President Bio in his state opening of Parliament last year lauded the effort of his government in providing livelihood for young people through the construction of carwash centres across the country, noting that the centres have public toilet, shops and waiting area for customers.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments